Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old Email Remains after changing Primary Email & Apple ID

I successfully changed my "Apple ID & Primary Email Address" to my new gmail account, yet when I go to "iCloud Settings" it shows my old gmail account under my name.

Posted on May 29, 2015 10:19 PM

1 reply

May 31, 2015 2:57 PM in response to Diana Beauford

Hey Diana Beauford,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, you changed the Apple ID and it is showing the old Apple ID. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support

Mac with OS X Mountain Lion or later

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud.

• If you're signed out, enter your updated Apple ID or password to sign in. The data in iCloud will automatically appear on your device after you sign in.
  • If you're signed in with your previous Apple ID:
    1. Click Sign Out. Depending on what iCloud options are turned on, you'll be asked if you want to make copies or delete iCloud data (Contacts, Calendar, Reminders, Bookmarks, Photo Stream) from your Mac. Your data will remain in iCloud and will be updated on your device when you sign in to iCloud again.
    2. Enter your updated Apple ID or password to sign in.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a good one,

Mario

Old Email Remains after changing Primary Email & Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.