Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't access App store on iPad 3 because certain letters on keypad don't react

As an example, letter P on top row of keypad and number 6. Just frozen and can't enter password. Using my Toshiba laptop to type this. Good old Windows!

iPad, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 29, 2015 10:56 PM

7 replies

May 30, 2015 12:05 AM in response to woodsetts

Try a reset. Press and hold both the home and power buttons until the Apple logo appears. Release both buttons. Wait until your iPad starts on it's own.

If your still having problems try another keyboard. Go to settings> general> keyboard> keyboards> add new keyboard> English(Canada).

If it still doesn't work you can try a third party keyboard. My Favorite being Brightkey.

If all else fails you can fool your keyboard by entering P and 6 as keyboard shortcuts.

Brightkey Keyboard - Designer Themes + PANTONE by Brightkey Limited

https://appsto.re/us/zHfx2.i

May 30, 2015 1:53 AM in response to bobseufert

Thanks for the information. Appreciated.

As two first tips didn't work I opted for the replacement keyboard. I downloaded it on to iTunes on my laptop as despite changing my Apple p/word (and hoping that the new letters & numbers would get round keyboard problems) I still couldn't get in on iPad. Under the 'Add New Keyboard' it lists all of theirs incl. English (Canada) but I don't how to get Brightkey added on.

Excuse my ignorance in these matters

May 30, 2015 2:13 AM in response to woodsetts

I'm sorry I wasn't thinking you couldn't download Brightkey directly to you iPad because or your keyboard. If you downloaded it to your computer can you transfer the app to your iPad ?

Since the English Canada didn't work I have a work around that will.

Copy this P . Go to settings> generaL> keyboard> shortcuts> tap the + sign> paste the P in the top line, OO in the second line( see screenshot), tap save.

Now anytime you tao OO followed by a space you'll get a P.

Now do the same with this 6 .

User uploaded file

Can't access App store on iPad 3 because certain letters on keypad don't react

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.