Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I receiving calls on 2 phones sharing an Apple ID at the same time

i am receiving calls on two phones sharing an Apple ID at the same time. How do I stop this? It only happens with calls and it's ever since I set up my sons phone. It seems to be when someone is calling him it also rings on my phone. How can I stop this? I have the 5S and he has the 5 and we are both using IOS 8.3

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 30, 2015 12:44 AM

5 replies

May 30, 2015 1:23 AM in response to Claireyo123

stop using the same appleID it's by design that all devices with the same appleID ring at the same time if you had a mac it would ring too

and you can't facetime devices with the same appleID as you have, and all devices receive the same iMessages so your son get your messages on his device too

if you use the same appleID to share apps you can do that by using family sharing on separate appleID's

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

if you don't want to use family sharing

stop all apple devices ringing

May 30, 2015 1:48 AM in response to Claireyo123

Claireyo123 wrote:

i am receiving calls on two phones sharing an Apple ID at the same time. How do I stop this? It only happens with calls and it's ever since I set up my sons phone. It seems to be when someone is calling him it also rings on my phone. How can I stop this? I have the 5S and he has the 5 and we are both using IOS 8.3

To stop this feature just go to Settings > FaceTime and turn Off Cellular Calls on both your iPhones.

Read through this for an explanation of this feature: Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac using Continuity - Apple Support

You do NOT have to change Apple IDs.

Jun 13, 2015 10:29 PM in response to Claireyo123

This all started happening May 22nd to alot of people. and know it has nothing to do with sharing 1 I cloud account. Everything was fine for most with this until May 22nd when the problem started. Mine just happened 2 days ago. It has been discussed at length on other forums and people that have shared the same id have not had this problem until 2 weeks ago. I am now receiving my wifes incoming call log on my recent calls list. does not matter if we are 50 miles away or on the same wifi network.

I believe as others do it is someone at apple has tweaked something with Icloud and IOS 8.3 (others feel the same.) How do I come to this conclusion. We have 4 Iphone 6's in our family. this just started happening 2 dayas ago and here is the kicker 2 phones are upgraded to 8.3 an the other 2 are stil on 8.2.

The affected phones are on 8.3 the other 2 that have no problem are on 8.2 all sharing the same ID. Every trick in the book I have read on every apple forum has been tried to no avail as with all other people. Something just recently happened between Icloud and 8.3.

Why am I receiving calls on 2 phones sharing an Apple ID at the same time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.