Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I reduce the amount of "other" on my ipad

Recently I had to restore my ipad to factory settings. I have all 25000 of my photos stored in the "photo" app on my mac and also have them synced to my ipad. After the restore I have being trying to put the photos back onto my ipad. I have tried adding everything at once but that freezes the ipad, so then I have tried a few times to add an album at a time. When I start this process "other" is less than 1 GB but some albums can add 4GB of other. Never the same album so impossible to figure out why and some albums refuse to load, never getting past step 1 waiting for sync to start. Does anyone know a way to get this extra annoying "other" back to a manageable level.

iMac, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 30, 2015 3:39 AM

1 reply

May 30, 2015 4:30 AM in response to Leita

Many times that other is caused by some kind of corruption in a sync with iTunes or by something corrupt in the photos or other files that you are trying to sync. Since it is happening when you are trying to sync photos, my guess would be that there is a problem with those. Why it fluctuates with different albums, is a bit of mystery to me.

Read this user tip and see if anything in here helps you with the problem.

What is "Other" and What Can I Do About It?

how do I reduce the amount of "other" on my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.