Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please guide me how to setup personal Hotspot on iPad4 - iOS 8.3

Hello all,

I am new to this community. I am a novice and would need step-by-step guidance to solve my problem.

I have an iPaD 4 3G +WiFi.

iOS 8.3

Need your support to setup a personal hotspot on iPad so that I can access internet on my Android phone. (MotoG 2nd gen)

I am not able to find the button "Personal Hotspot"

Requesting you to guide me step by step as the time permits.

Warmth n love...

TNK

India

iPad Air, iOS 8.3, It is not iPad Air but iPad 4

Posted on May 30, 2015 1:49 AM

6 replies

May 30, 2015 6:20 AM in response to TNK_India

Have you checked for carrier updates ? Did they say if they were aware of any problems with iOS 8.3 ?

Who's your carrier ? For iPhones and India this page lists Aircel, Vodafone and Reliance as supporting Personal Hotspot : Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone in Asia-Pacific - Apple Support

If one of those is your carrier then try what's on this page : http://www.omgmac.com/enable-missing-personal-hotspot-feature-in-ios-8

May 30, 2015 6:26 AM in response to King_Penguin

My carrier is BSNL which is a government owned company. When I checked with them, what they said is there is nothing to be done from their side, it is only settings related.

When I checked with Apple support team, they said that many have reported this hotspot related problem after updation to iOS 8 and above. Maybe I will take direct help at the Apple Service centre.

Meanwhile, I will also check the link which you have provided. Would also wait for more information on this

Thank you King_Penguin !!

Please guide me how to setup personal Hotspot on iPad4 - iOS 8.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.