Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Txt msg not received on Android phone, but Android txt msg to my iphone is received

Had an iphone 5S and used to be able to send to my Dad's Samsung Galaxy S5 android phone txt messages. For about the last 5 months he does not receive my txt msges, but I always receive txt msges from his Droid phone. I upgraded to the iphone 6 and the problem persists. We have tried all sorts of things from txting Text stop to 48369 and they will reply with a text saying you are signed out of icloud. to turning on in Settings, send as SMS. We called Apple and they were not able to fix the problem. They said it was an AT&T issue, our carrier.

My mom and sister also have an iphone 6 but their txt messages are received on my Dad's droid phone and they receive my Dad's txt msges. So the issue must be something with just my associated phone#.

Can anyone offer any suggestions how to fix this? Thank you.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 30, 2015 4:17 AM

6 replies

May 30, 2015 6:20 AM in response to JimHdk

Yes, I can send SMS txt messages and receive them. I receive txt msges from everyone else from their iPhones and am able to send txt msges from my Android to everyone without issue. BTW this is the Dad who has the Android. My son has the iPhone. My daughter has an iPhone 6 as does my wife. They receive my txt messages and I also receive theirs. It is isolated only to my son whose txt msges I am not receiving. As mentioned, the issue was on his iphone 5s and still persists on the new iphone 6 he just got a few weeks ago.

May 30, 2015 6:42 AM in response to FredricJLowe

The question is to your son with the iPhone. Can he send SMS text messages to others? (Not Apple iMessages). If he can't then you, the father, will never receive them.

Your son needs to check with whomever his carrier is to see if text messaging is enabled for his phone #.

Note: this story seems to being told from both the son and father perspectives. Very confusing.

May 30, 2015 7:05 AM in response to JimHdk

Yes son with the iphone can receive txt messages and send them to others successfully.

Sorry for the confusion.

Dad has an Android and is able to send and receive txt msges to everyone else including iphone users.

The issue is just with the son's iphone being able to send a txt msg and be received (be seen) by his Dad's Samsung Galaxy S5 android phone. Dad is able to send a txt msg. and be seen by everyone, including the son with the iphone.

Hope that clears up the confusion.

Reiterating, the issue is isolated to only my son being able to send a txt msg to 1 person (his Dad) who has an Android phone.

Txt msg not received on Android phone, but Android txt msg to my iphone is received

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.