Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s will not play bought music without wifi

All of my music is legally bought and has only been bought on my iPhone 5 S. I do not have iTunes Match. I also don't have any music that is greyed over or has a stop next to the song. It just won't play without wifi. I hate it because when I workout my music will just not play. I'll have it on the song and it should be playing but it won't start. It will show that the play button is pressed but no sound will come out. Help!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 30, 2015 1:35 AM

1 reply

Oct 21, 2015 8:53 AM in response to yaysally24

Mate, have the same problem. Been using iPhones since I got my first 3 years ago and never had a single problem with Music until sometime week.

My 5S just suddenly "lost" loads of my music even though most of it had been loaded onto my PC from the original CDs.

I'm running the latest software version (9.0.2) and even went to the length of restoring my phone from backup last night but nothing doing. All I achieved was to get the music I have on CD restored but for items I bought via the iTunes store (and not all of them either) won't play. There's no consistency in which songs or albums won't play so it is very difficult to trouble shoot or to use logic to explain it.

Unless I can find a resolution I am considering dumping Apple completely (even my iPad and Mac) and going back to tape!!!

Very unhappy with the situation. If anyone has the answer, I would love to hear it.

JL

iPhone 5s will not play bought music without wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.