Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yahoo & Mail sync issues

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

Mac version 10.10.3

Mail 8.2

My Yahoo! internet mail account is synced with Mail. So I receive and send emails using Mail on my notebook.

But when I use Yahoo! from Safari I'm not able to see the sent emails that I have sent from Mail.

I have only liked Yahoo! in Mail. I don't have any other account synced with it, like Gmail or Exchange.

Why the sent emails I send via Mail are not showing on Yahoo! when I use Safari (or any other browser if that matters)?

Thanks

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 30, 2015 2:16 AM

4 replies

Jun 2, 2015 7:54 AM in response to Eric Root

I hope I can explain this properly, but AppleCare found a solution for me.

- Yahoo! created a folder called Sent Messages, this folder could be found on the right side bar of Mail (Mailboxes).

The AppleCare expert asked me to select this folder and then go to > Mailbox (on the menu bar) > Use This Mail Box As > Sent Mailbox.

I am not sure this is the perfect answer. The fact is that the emails are now showing on my Yahoo! account too and not only on Mail.

Are the messages on this folder just stored locally?

Where are stores, since I don't have a folder called 'Sent Messages' in Yahoo!?

In Mail: if I move those emails from the 'Sent Messages' folder to the sent folder - will Mail/Yahoo! resend all the messages again?

So I will leave all the emails in that folder and forget about it.

Apparently this is what Yahoo! created and has nothing to do with Apple.

Thanks anyway.

Yahoo & Mail sync issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.