Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Open letter to Logic developers

I also sent it to the Logic support.

----------------

Hi,

Who invented this bad 'feature' to punish a user he hits a wrong key with the monitor flash??? This is so stupid I can't imagine what could be more!

I kindly asked to change it several years ago but nobody responded so now I'm screaming because that's enough for me.

As a night-worker this is a real (nomen-omen) nightmare to see my monitors flash whenever I hit a wrong key. I wear glasses and such thing makes me blind for a second everytime I do something wrong on the computer keyboard :-/

Please:

1) Change it to a system sound (man can disable it or send the system sounds to the computer speaker)

2) Make a preference to disable it (if you think it is so important)

The person responsible for the thoughtlessness should be punished with whipping - this is such pain for me!

Thank you.

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Radeon 5870/Logic X/ProTools 12

Posted on May 30, 2015 6:23 AM

9 replies

May 30, 2015 7:03 AM in response to samplaire

I think there used to be a setting in sound prefs where you could check/uncheck an option to have the screen flash IF the sound is OFF, but I do not see that option anymore.

It appears to be an automatic thing now.

Try setting the alert sound level way down low, say 1 on a scale of 1-10 and it MAY stop flashing and still be quiet enough for you.

Also, Im sure you know it, but developers do not read forum posts.

Send your comments to Apple Feedback.

May 30, 2015 8:36 AM in response to samplaire

The 'logic' behind this preference is probably so system sounds don't get accidentally recorded when an error occur....

If you find it 'that' annoying (and personally i don't as it's really not that bright a flash, for me at least.... and I work at night too...) assign a key command to whichever key or keys you are accidentally pressing... that does something harmless... like Pause....

May 31, 2015 8:41 AM in response to samplaire

I'm pretty sure this isn't a 'Logic invention'. Garageband does it when recording too. It is a feature as others described.

If you compare the the flash it appears to be identical to the accessibility setting (I don't have Logic here so I can't confirm that).

This may not help, however you can look for settings to possibly adjust the default behaviour. There may be a 'defaults write' command to edit the preferences for Logic or universal access (the domain that Accessibility uses). I can't see one, but I only took a cursory look.

Open letter to Logic developers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.