Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen iphone

hi,

My iphone6 was stolen last Sunday and the phone was offline until now and i was not able to locate it through Find my iphone.

Would it be possible to block the unit so it will no longer work anymore even they change or intend to use it into different network?

Is there anything i can do for my iphone?

Please advice.

Thanks.

Posted on May 30, 2015 6:58 AM

4 replies

May 30, 2015 7:03 AM in response to WinSG

if you had find my iPhone enabled, then you also had Activation Lock enabled. Nobody can activate and use it themselves without your iCloud account password. Report it to your carrier and ask them if they provide blacklisting to keep it off their network.

iCloud: Activation Lock

Other than that, you cannot do anything remotely to wipe it until or unless it comes back online.

May 30, 2015 8:57 AM in response to WinSG

Thank you for the info.

I had activated the Erase Your Device setting on my iPhone and upon reading it thoroughly the instruction, it says that when activated, it can no longer track the device. Can I cancel this Erase Your Device setting so i still have the chance to track it whenever detected a network? What if the person who steals my phone restore it using iTunes or jailbreak it, would there be a chance for him to activate the it?

Stolen iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.