Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBrook Pro will not start.

I'm going to assume this is a 13" Mid-2012 MacBook Pro (it was purchased August 2012 I BELIEVE).

Currently deployed and woke up to my MacBook not starting. Triple checked to make sure the power cable was plugged in both the wall and computer correctly.

Up to this point, these are the steps that I have taken:

1. Verified the power cable actually works (the orange light is lit on the battery cable and the green lights on the left side of the computer occasionally light up).

2. Attempted to conduct an SMC reset. No luck. The power light goes from Orange to green, but nothing after that.

3. PRAM reset - no luck.

Taking it to an Apple Store is definitely out of the question.

Contacting Apple via telephone is as well.

Any ideas on what to do?

If needed, I can comb through my history to find the 1,000,000 forum pages I looked through this afternoon in order to provide a better snapshot of how I've tried to correct this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 30, 2015 3:29 AM

3 replies

May 30, 2015 6:38 AM in response to AdrianHunter

To answer all of your questions, no. No sound, noise, fans running...not a thing.

Changes he's to the system - negative.

Daily routine is the same - insert iPhone 6 USB every night to allow my phone to charge. Once I wake up in the morning, I shut down the computer. Turn it on once I return.

Held the power button down for 20 seconds, 30 seconds. Even held down the buttons for the reset for 25 secondS - still nothing.

May 30, 2015 6:55 AM in response to Rowe06

insert iPhone 6 USB every night to allow my phone to charge. Once I wake up in the morning, I shut down the computer. Turn it on once I return.

First, that is a bad routine waisting your computers hardware for charging a phone you can simply plug in a socket. Hardware has a finite lifespan and every hour it's on it dies a little more.

It seems you have either a broken battery or serious hardware failures.

You speak of a green light that occasionally comes on? You mean the battery indicator with the small button? Or the light on the charge connector?

I think a Macbook works on power even with a broken battery. I don't know what happens if you remove the battery and try to boot the system. There is a chance a broken battery will prevent the system from booting on AC power but I doubt it. That seems a bit un-Apply to me.

A system that does nothing is usually a bad sign.

MacBrook Pro will not start.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.