Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro early 2011 wigging out

In the last few weeks this has been getting worse. Seems towards the end of the day, the computer either just freezes, or goes black. Then a screen with grey and red horizontal lines very close together comes out. If I try a hard reboot, when it starts up its a vertical divided screen, like half of one and half of another. If I let the computer cool down, it seems to work ok. It all started when I left it on overnight, and had a black screen when I opened the top. I had to hard reboot various times to get it to work...

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on May 30, 2015 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2015 6:49 AM

- Go to the Mac App Store and install a temperature and fan speed app and monitor temps for abnormalities. You can also get apps from the internet. I use Macs Fan Control.

- After a problem note the exact time it occurred. The open the Console app in Finder>Applications>Utilities and look for log entries at the time. Post suspicious ones here..

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2015 6:49 AM in response to alberto299

- Go to the Mac App Store and install a temperature and fan speed app and monitor temps for abnormalities. You can also get apps from the internet. I use Macs Fan Control.

- After a problem note the exact time it occurred. The open the Console app in Finder>Applications>Utilities and look for log entries at the time. Post suspicious ones here..

Mac Pro early 2011 wigging out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.