Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Opt-in-out

I upgraded to 10.9.x and found that I was irrevocably married to iCloud for my Contacts. I did _not_ opt-in to share my Contacts on Apple servers (although the language is, no doubt, buried in the licensing agreement somewhere). Now I now find my Music has somehow migrated to iCloud. I am being peppered with "updates" to add more processing requirements to my already over-worked chip. However, I am reluctant to upgrade anything for fear I will end up with my "whole life" on iCloud.

Questions:

1. Is there anyway to opt-out of iCloud and get all instances of my data back?

2. I am told that once I upgraded to 10.9.x I could never go back to an earlier version of IOS. Is this true?

Thanks for any help.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), Digidesign Pro Tools LE

Posted on May 30, 2015 5:32 AM

2 replies

Aug 21, 2015 10:00 AM in response to digimog

I also want to opt out of iCloud, but I don't want iCloud reaching down into my devices to delete everything, and then forcing me to download MY files from iCloud. I never needed iCloud as I routinely backup all of my machines to multiple, geographically diverse locations. I left iCloud enabled when I bought my Macbook, but I'm tired of being peppered with requests to login to iCloud, or to update this or that. I'm running Yosemite 10.10.4. How do I turn off iCloud without it reaching back to delete objects on my machine?

iCloud Opt-in-out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.