Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

15 inch 2011 late mbp for $800 seller refurbished buying advice for first time mac user

I want to buy my first apple laptop but my budget is $800.I'm thinking of buying a seller refurbished late 2011 MBP 15 inch (MD32LL/A High end version with 1gb 6770M vga). I'm aware of the mother board issue of this model. In case of any trouble, will I be eligible for the mbp repair extension program that apple is offering for these laptops? Plus for my budget, are there any better laptops that I can buy?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3, MD276LL/a

Posted on May 30, 2015 6:50 AM

5 replies

May 30, 2015 7:22 AM in response to Perera_D

If you live in the US you can get an Apple-refurbished unit for almost the same price, and not worry about a known serious hardware fault or warranty coverage because Apple warants refurbs the same as those bought new:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FD101LL/A/refurbished-133-inch-macBook-pro-25g hz-dual-core-intel-i5

I bought the same model as a refurb and it is an absolute rock-solid workhorse, and came with no cosmetic blemishes, plus had a new battery.

May 30, 2015 2:19 PM in response to Allan Jones

Thanks for the reply..I'm not from US. So I can't have the refurbished products. And Yes, that 2012 June 13' MBP that you have should be really good. But for me I need more power. I think 15 inch late 2011 model with the 6770m GPU is just enough for me.My only concern is the known motherboard issue of that 2011 products.Thanks again for the suggestion and the reply.

15 inch 2011 late mbp for $800 seller refurbished buying advice for first time mac user

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.