Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does photos downsize my snaps while importing

I bought the iPhone 6 plus but am a steadfast believer in computers rather than cloud. I find that Apple is determined to cause me inconvinience by forcing me to upload to iCloud and then download into my computer, a long and tedious process in countries that do not have very high broadband speeds.

Apple does this by downsizing my snaps to one-sixth their resolution (or pixels) when pulling it in through iPhotos. If I upload to iCloud and then download, I get the full resolution.

Is there a way to directly pull in snaps with full resolution directly from phone to computer? Many thanks.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 30, 2015 7:34 AM

2 replies

why does photos downsize my snaps while importing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.