Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photo library not syncing

I was in the iCloud photo library beta and I was uploading all of my pics from my mac to the cloud. It would get almost to the end and then just sort of stop and say uploading and then a number of items was underneath. I checked on iCloud and it just constantly said updating and never moved passed the day it was stuck on. I called Apple after about 14 days and they said to just turn off sync and turn it back on. I did that and the process started over and it stopped on a different day passed the last day it had frozen on. I have restarted the process 10 times now and every time I get the same result. Today (5-29-15) iCloud is stuck on 5-18-15 and my mac says that it is uploading 117 items. Every time I take more pictures that number goes up but never down. I know that if I restart it again it will update to the day I restart it after about a week of scanning and uploading. I don't know if this is because the library is so large (123,000+ items) or if there is another reason. I don't really know what else to do at this point. Every time I restart it takes about and week and hits my data cap on my ISP and I get charged a fee. I guess I could somehow erase my iCloud and completely start over, but that seems kind of nuts considering that most of my pictures are there. I want to delete a lot of them, but I'm afraid that when I restart they will be either downloaded from iCloud or uploaded from my Mac depending on where they were deleted. Deleting from both places would be extremely time consuming. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else was having this problem and if they knew what to do about it.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 30, 2015 6:49 AM

There are no replies.

iCloud photo library not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.