Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lag when pulling window

HI,

i just received new a Mid 2015 Macbook Pro 15" with Retina Display (with dedicated graphical unit). After using it for a few hours and copying some file (~15GB) to 'Document' directory I noticed that pulling the window to increase/minimze it is lagging. I checked and it only happens when the 'Document' directory or 'All My Files' directory is selected. Empty folders e.g. Movies / Pictures are very smooth to minimize / to change in size.

Anyone else experienced this? How can I prevent this from happening? It is kind of a bummer that a 2500$ laptop shows this behavior

Thanks! 🙂

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), with dedicated graphical unit

Posted on May 30, 2015 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2015 8:33 AM

A new Mac comes with 90 days of free tech support from AppleCare.

AppleCare: 1-800-275-2273

Best.

2 replies

May 30, 2015 4:23 PM in response to dominic23

I try that! Thanks.

I noticed some other issues as well:

- glitch when switching from normal to full screen mode

- time delay when switching from full screen to normal mode

- pdf scrolling does not feel smooth (it feels like there is some resistance sometimes)

- slow spotlight search

The pdf issue is something other users reported as well. I'll see what AppleCare has to say.

Lag when pulling window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.