Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need to use two AirPort Express to extend my wifi-network range or I only need one AirPort Express to directly extend the network?

Do I need to use two AirPort Express to extend my wifi-network range or I only need one AirPort Express to directly extend the network?

Posted on May 30, 2015 8:27 AM

2 replies

May 30, 2015 9:11 AM in response to Clement Chai Chang Jie

If the wireless router you want to extend is another AirPort Extreme, Express, or Time Capsule, you will only need ONE AirPort Express base station to extend it.

If it is not, then you have two choices:

1. If your goal is to have a wireless connection between base stations, then you will need a minimum of TWO AirPort Express base stations.
  2. If your goal is to have a wired connection between base stations, then you will only need ONE AirPort Express base station.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.