Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with iMac and freedom fsg

Hi, I am new to mac's having been a windows pc user until this year. In March I purchased a macbook air 11" and shortly after a iMac . At first there was no problem connecting both mac's to the fsg and I copied files and pictures across both machines. Now however it is a totally different story, as I cannot now even see the fsg. If I try to log on via the internet I get the message " please use the 32 bit core IE browser" . Can anyone tell me what to do and why I cannot access the fsg now. PS. there is no problem with the fsg as I can still access it through windows laptop. Also the fsg is hard wired to my router with a fixed IP of 192.168.X.X

Thanks in anticipation.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 30, 2015 7:09 AM

3 replies

May 30, 2015 12:36 PM in response to hamousher

Could you tell us what a "freedom fsg" might be? A web search turns up only this question and a bunch of hits for a commercial company that has nothing to do with computers.

If it connects to your router and you log onto it, I'm guessing that it is a file server of some sort. Apple has made some changes to how OS X accesses file servers recently. What version(s) of OS X did your MBA and iMac come with? If not 10.10.3, when did you upgrade to that level?

May 30, 2015 4:21 PM in response to markwmsn

Hi markwmsn, thanks for the reply. Sorry but I miss typed and did not notice. The device is a Freecom FSG. Which is a network storage drive from my win pc's. On the mba the update to 10.10.3 was 1 May 2015 and I have not used the FSG since before that date. Not sure when the iMac update was, probably about the same time. Oddly after I posted this question, I logged onto the FSG with my win vista laptop. then the FSG became visible on both mba and iMac. It seems that when its in sleep mode the apple computers can't wake it up but the win laptop can.

regards

Problem with iMac and freedom fsg

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.