Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 ios 8.2 safari - google began defaulting to google.fr and french language

On my Iphone 5, when using Safari to perform a Google search:

Google began defaulting to google.fr and presenting everything in French. I am located in the US, although I have been using the Duolingo app to practice learning French language for several weeks now.

I can not figure out where to reset / reconfigure. I have tried checking settings on the phone, on safari, and on google. I can not find anywhere that is set to French. Everything is set to English.

Using the /NCR extension only helps temporarily. I can get to the English page once, but the software defaults back to French each time. I have deleted my bookmarks and replaced them with bookmarks containing the /ncr extention, but it does not stick. The software developers, in their infinite wisdom, decided my choice needs to be over-ridden and changed back, and they kindly do that for me.

After about a dozen time manually setting google back to google.com/ncr, you think it would learn, but it has not. It persists in directing me to france.

Make it stop!!!

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2

Posted on May 30, 2015 10:30 AM

1 reply

iphone 5 ios 8.2 safari - google began defaulting to google.fr and french language

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.