Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music skips and shake to shuffle is OFF

Everytime I walk or go for a run my music skips or Siri turns on when using Spotify or itunes. Shake to shuffle is turned off. Seems to happen when my headphones are in. I don't use Apple headphones, because the ear buds don't stay in my ears [I need smaller buds]. Ideas? it's so frustrating to not be able to enjoy music when exercising.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on May 30, 2015 8:49 AM

1 reply

Jun 1, 2015 8:37 AM in response to yogabbagabbas

Hi Yogabbababbas,

It sounds like your iPhone seems to skip music when you have these third party headphones connected as you exorcise. I know you said that you don't use the headphones that came with the phone, but does this occur when you do use them? If so, then it may be an issue with the headphones themselves. If not, then I would start troubleshooting the phone by quitting all the running apps:

iOS: Force an app to close

Double-click the Home button.

Swipe left or right until you have located the app you wish to close.

Swipe the app up to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

If the issue persists, backup your device to iTunes, then restore it as new and verify that it works.

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

If it does, then restore your backup to either verify it still works and the software just needed reinstalled, or isolate the issue to the backup file itself.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

music skips and shake to shuffle is OFF

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.