Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multi-CD sets into single playlist?

Greetings,

Is there a simple way to create a single playlist from multiple-CD sets?

I have a 14-disk box set. Importing them created 14 individual playlists. I'd like to have one master playlist with the individual tracks organized by disk. "Compilation" does not seem to do the job properly.

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), fcp forum elitist all spelling errors are done on the iPad

Posted on May 30, 2015 8:52 AM

1 reply

May 30, 2015 9:34 AM in response to David Bogie Chq-1

A playlist can be any collection of tracks in any order you like: iTunes 12 for Mac: Create a playlist.

If you want the whole box set to appear as a single album see One cover for multi-disc album.

A method that I sometimes use for box sets is to ignore the artificial breaks caused by the limited CD size and create one album for each work with all its tracks in the correct order. For example I've taken the 4-disc recording of Purcell's Dido & Aeneas, King Arthur and The Fairy Queen and turned it into 3 individual albums (each with the same artwork) and I've taken the 3 disc Remains Of Tom Lehrer and reconstructed his 5 original albums, with their respective artwork, leaving the remaining bonus tracks under the box set cover.

User uploaded file

tt2

Multi-CD sets into single playlist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.