Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Calendar: No more SMS notifications

I use Google Calendar on my Mac desktop (running OS X 10.10.3) and my iPhone (running iOS 8.3), and have for many years. I rely on SMS notifications with alert tones. I fetch email manually and do not want push notifications when emails arrive.

Google has announced that it is discontinuing SMS notifications. As far as I can tell, this means I will need to allow push email notifications if I want audible calendar alerts. Is that correct?

If so, I would like to switch to Apple's calendar, assuming I can get SMS notifications. If I can, is there an easy way to import Google Calendar events and settings? Thanks for any help or information.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 30, 2015 10:18 AM

2 replies

May 30, 2015 10:35 AM in response to Averythomas

Thanks for your reply.

I went into the Mac calendar application on my desktop. The only account that shows in Preferences is iCloud, but when I try to add the Google account I get a message that it is a duplicate, it has already been set up. So I'm stumped. Can you please give me more specific instructions so I can figure out what I'm missing? Thanks again.

Google Calendar: No more SMS notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.