Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto not appearing in fresh installs of mavericks.

Hi I did a fresh install of OS Mavericks onto my 2010 mac pro and manually moved my files, settings etc over from my old computer (which I was also still using a 2008 Mac pro running lion). I tried Yosemite but it doesn't seem to like my graphics card AMD Radeon HD 7970 and kept crashing. I didn't bother moving over my photos till recently when I realised there was no iPhoto currently on this computer. There is an app to upgrade a photo library (my photos are already in iPhoto 11 on the mac running lion) but as there is no photo library or iPhoto and this just sits there when I click it. I have looked on the app store, no iPhoto for sale. what should I do ? Copying the old application from my old copy of lion seems like I will just start all the problems again of not having a clean install that is mucked up by years of just upgrading and not clean installing which caused me to not do a migration in the first place. Is there an alternative I can use with all my peripherals instead to communicate to the iCloud library to downloads photos off my phones and iPads?

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on May 30, 2015 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2015 10:53 AM

What version of iPhoto do you have on your old Mac? I recently copied a version of iPhoto from my other mac and no issues working. I would try that then go to the app store and update to latest level. If you have any issues you can always delete it later.

2 replies

iphoto not appearing in fresh installs of mavericks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.