Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why there are no clear instructions anywhere at apple.com on how to back up contacts from an iphone to a computer running Win7?

Why there are no clear instructions anywhere in your universe on how to back up contacts from my iphone to my computer? I have a Windows 7 computer. And when I go to iTunes, press Info tab, and check that I want my contacts synced - nothing happens: there is no error message, and iTunes sync appears as it is working, but I cannot find those contacts on my computer. In previous versions of Windows iPhone contacts backed u to Outlook Express or to Windows Contacts - but now I don't see what is happening. The only thing I do see are the two largest market cap companies on the planet, Apple and Microsoft, skirting their obligation to help and service their customers. Because neither of you provide clear and concise instructions anywhere on your sites on how to sync contacts from i-devices to Windows 7, and I imagine this is a very important issue affecting many people over 15, who actually use their gadgets for more than sharing Vines. Discussion forums have also been unhelpful. And your scheduled call this morning hung up on me. Just to remind you: my family owns SIX (6) Apple devices. We deserve a better service, I believe.

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 4.3.3

Posted on May 30, 2015 7:25 AM

1 reply

May 30, 2015 8:37 AM in response to needy person

Are you trying to sync the device with a new computer? From what I've read elsewhere you should be able to merge contacts & calendar items from a device with those in an existing application on your computer, but you need at least one contact and one calendar entry.

Not tried it myself, but perhaps this would do: http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/05/01/how-to-backup-iphone-contacts/.

(For the avoidance of doubt this is a user-to-user support forum.)

tt2

Why there are no clear instructions anywhere at apple.com on how to back up contacts from an iphone to a computer running Win7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.