Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Call Forwarding Icon

Why Call Forwarding icon is shown even though if it is not activated. I am Using 5s

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 30, 2015 9:10 AM

11 replies

May 30, 2015 9:28 AM in response to jasminuvi

Why did you restart the phone? I meant if you toggled call forwarding. When you say you restarted the phone, did you power it off and then back on? Have you tried a reset, hold the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. The phone will reboot. You may need to check with your carrier, to see if they have any restrictions on call forwarding, or if they have some type of conditional call forwarding that could have been activated on your line by mistake.

May 31, 2015 7:29 AM in response to jasminuvi

A screenshot is more important that you realize. It will show what is appearing exactly in the video feel, versus what may be showing on the screen. After powering the device off/on, the next steps in user troubleshooting are reset, restore from backup, restore as new. Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Sep 16, 2015 3:37 PM in response to jasminuvi

@Jasminuvi Did any of the suggestions help your problem? I have the same issue as you did. The forwarding icon is activates each time the phone is restarted (power off / on). The call forwarding service is actually not active though.

If I go into settings > Phone > Call Forwarding the switch toggles from ON to OFF without me doing anything as if it is reading the correct settings from the carrier or somewhere else in the phone. The icon is then gone until the next time i restart my phone.

Its odd behaviour and has been this way for several months - though I can't pinpoint when it actually started.

Call Forwarding Icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.