Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Your Apple ID is now being used for iMessage and FaceTime on a new iPhone.

Hi!
I saw on my iMac this "alert"

If you recently signed into “iPhone (2)” you can ignore this notification.

I don't have an iPhone(2) just one!
Does anyone know anything about this?

Posted on May 30, 2015 8:27 AM

8 replies

May 30, 2015 8:43 AM in response to soumo_Crete

It’s a networking glitch in OS X 10.10.x Yosemite. You may also find that other devices on your network have additional entries like MyiMAc (11). This glitch may be fixed in the upcoming 10.10.4 release. Reports say it is. This doesn’t mean another physical iPhone has logged on. Nothing worry about.

If you are not running Yosemite on your iMac it wouldn’t hurt to follow the first responder’s advice.

Apr 17, 2016 5:58 PM in response to lkrupp

Hello Ikrupp,

my name's Mike, I own a new macbook air El Capitan and new iPod 6 touch and an iPad 4 all with the latest updates installed

I'm responding to the topic:

Your Apple ID is now being used for iMessage and FaceTime

I have been getting this message every since I bought and configured my knew iPod 6 touch on several of my devices

I saw your response to this back when it was OSx Yosemite networking issue in 2015, May 30th.

I was wondering if you think that my iCloud account could've been hacked?

I don't use iMessage or FaceTime either so I don't see how those apps would be activated unless it's and iOs glitch I am hoping that's what it is because I use that password for several things and would hate to have to change it if I don't HAVE to.

Hasn't this been resolved with El Capitan by now it's been almost a year since you posted this answer?

I appreciate your response to this if you have time thanks Mike M

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.