Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

video bitrate too high

Imac 10.10.3

Final Cut Pro X 10.2.1

Error code: There was an error burning your disk

Video Bitrate too High.

I have been using this system with disk burning for at least 3 years.

I have tested the disks and they record and playback just fine.

The error occurs during the "compressor to disk" program.

This error occurred shortly after installing the latest software for Final Cut Pro X.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.1)

Posted on May 30, 2015 12:05 PM

6 replies

May 30, 2015 5:39 PM in response to Russ H

DVD

automatic

each segment was about 5 minutes each.

I have been using this system for about 3 Years and never had a problem.

Basically, I create a small segment, add music and or audio then I burn the segment to watch on TV for errors.

I repeat this process until I am satisfied of the results, then I add the segment to the Master file which I will burn when the movie is completed.

PS. I did NOT update with the Final Cut Pro X first, I updated the software after I started to get these errors.

I assumed the problem was mine until I did a thorough check of the DVD's which I had been using all this time. All the DVD's worked just fine but not using the Final Cut Pro X Compressor system which had been working until today.

May 31, 2015 6:30 AM in response to Cameron and Pauline Gain__

I forgot to add that when I was testing the dvd, I also reran the job but outputted to my LaCie 2gb external disk drive.

The error was the same. I outputted data on both internal and external disk drives ( not using FCPX ) and the results were 100% AOK

This is not an equipment error but a software error possibly on the Final Cut Pro X/ compressor .

I think I might need a new internal board to solve this problem. I had a problem years ago, not like this one, and my vendor replaced a board and everything ran 100%.

What do you think ?

Cam...

May 31, 2015 8:11 AM in response to Cameron and Pauline Gain__

Cameron & Pauline Gain wrote:

I outputted data on both internal and external disk drives ( not using FCPX ) and the results were 100% AOK

I'm sorry but I'm having trouble following the description.

What does that mean (not using FCP X)? Were you working with media files,or are you talking about moving/copying any generic file to another location on your system? If you're outputting a disk image, how are you doing that if not from FCP?

Russ

May 31, 2015 10:11 AM in response to Russ H

Russ,

we do not have a problem anymore

This morning I decided to pin point where the error occurred.

Using FCPX only, I made a small test. ( output to a DVD without any errors.) It worked !

" " " medium " " "

" " " large " "

This is when I realized that what ever my problem was yesterday, it is no longer a problem today.

So, what happened ?

Simple. Every night when I am finished with the computer I power off the machine completely.

What ever is left in memory or in the buffers, is completely zeroed out.

That is why this morning, everything was back to normal.

This is an old trick I learned using Microsoft.

As of this moment, everything is back to good old normal.

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

Yours Truly

Cameron Gain

video bitrate too high

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.