Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i want to restore my iphone 6plus. not update

Apple iphone

6plus,16GB

My phone is disabled due to password issue.Now i want restore my phone trough itunes but it wants update and restore.But i dont want udate right now.What should I do??

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.2

Posted on May 30, 2015 12:45 PM

4 replies

May 30, 2015 12:52 PM in response to ranitchowdhury

Restore your iPhone using iCloud - iCloud - iPhone Basics - Apple Support

Have you tried any troubleshooting?

Restart: Press On/Off button until the Slide to Power Off slider appears, select Slide to Power Off and, after It shuts down, press the On/Off button until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Press the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10-15 seconds).

Restore: Connect your iPhone to iTunes on your computer, backup, and then select Restore to Factory

May 30, 2015 12:52 PM in response to ranitchowdhury

ranitchowdhury wrote:

My phone is disabled due to password issue.Now i want restore my phone trough itunes but it wants update and restore.But i dont want udate right now.What should I do??

That is not an option. When you restore the phone through iTunes, it will update to the latest version of iOS. Given that there were some security updates in iOS 8.3, it seems advisable to do that. Why do you want to avoid it?

i want to restore my iphone 6plus. not update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.