Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 camera getting hot

I recently dropped my iPhone 6 and now the camera does not work. It also gets very hot when in use and in stand by and drains the battery. Is this the camera and should I just replace it? Thank you

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 30, 2015 10:15 AM

9 replies

May 30, 2015 10:18 AM in response to matt_smith411

First you say the camera does not work, then you say the camera gets very hot when in use? What troubleshooting have you tried? User troubleshooting is restart, reset, restore from backup, restore as new. If you restore the device as new and without adding content it still will not work correctly, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of the nearest Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service provider, depending on your location, and have the hardware looked at. If the device is defective, Apple would determine if it needed replacing. However, accidental user damage is not covered under warranty, so having dropped the device may require you to pay for repairs/replacement. Apple will make that decision.

May 30, 2015 10:27 AM in response to matt_smith411

Who replaced the screen? If you had someone other than Apple replace the screen, then you are correct, they won't touch it anymore. It seems to me that more than the camera was damaged after the fall and this could be causing the problem. But, as I indicated earlier, do the restore as new, and if it still will not work, then you need to have it looked at. But then, as you indicated, if you had someone else replace the screen, Apple will not do anything with the device. You will not even be able to get an out of warranty replacement. You would only be able to purchase a new device at full price.

May 30, 2015 10:37 AM in response to matt_smith411

Once you have opened the phone, Apple will no longer have anything to do with it. They will not even look at it. Why would you take a device as expensive as the iPhone 6 that would still be in warranty and let someone else replace a screen or work on it yourself. You void all warranty and post-warrant support and almost makes the money you spent on the device worthless. You will no longer get any support here either.

iphone 6 camera getting hot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.