Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this behavior normal? While troubleshooting my

problem of newly entered calendar events reverting to "New Event" and loosing the newly entered info., I stumbled across this and am trying to figure out if this normal.... I use iCloud to sync all events between my phone and iMac. Phone is iphone5 and iMac 2012 running mavericks.

1st - on my iPhone cal while looking for an older event from July 1st, 2011, in the month view for 2011 July, i tap on 1 July to bring up the day view and the earliest my calendar will go to is Monday Oct 14, 2013. I then close July 1, 2012 and tap the day view. Same thing - my day view only goes back to Monday Oct 14, 2013. I then tried a few more older events with the same results. I then discovered that the only way to see the event is from the month view, tap the date, the day view comes up only so far back as Monday Oct 14, 2013, then I HAVE TO ROTATE PHONE TO LANDSCAPE then the older event is visible. So is this how older events are to be viewed - having to rotate phone to landscape???

2nd - is there some time limit as to how far back one can search for events? While in the cal on the iPhone, I used the search feature and while typing in the event exactly as it appears, nothing comes up. I 1st thought that the event was not being picked up because it may have been an event entered originally in microsoft for mac then imported into ical when i switched to that app. But, to test this, I entered an event on my iCloud cal for 2009, it synced to my desktop and iPhone and i see it in all three places, but when i search for it on my phone it does not show in the search results. I tried this for years 2010, 2011, etc. Still nothing in the search results. Is theres one limit as to how far back one can search?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 30, 2015 10:27 AM

1 reply

Is this behavior normal? While troubleshooting my

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.