Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a long clip to use in motion but don't want it all. Can I do i and o like in Final Cut to edit?

I have a long clip I want to import into Motion 5. I don't want to use it all but a piece of it. The clip is 3-minutes and I want about 30-seconds. How do I trim it?

Can I use i and o like in Final Cut?

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 30, 2015 10:31 AM

3 replies

May 30, 2015 10:41 AM in response to Averythomas

This is difficult to describe. I have a 3-minute clip and I want to use 30-second pieces of it at different places in a Motion project. I don't want to cut them up before but prefer to load the 3-minute clip, edit to get the first 30-seconds, then import the same 3-minute clip again and edit for the second 30-seconds and so on.

How do I edit? Can I use i and o? Or is there another method besides going to the beginning and end and dragging to get to the place I want?

And these clips have sound. I want the sound off and I know how to do that. But one of the clips I'll want the sound off to a point and then want to turn it back on. How do I do that?

I have a long clip to use in motion but don't want it all. Can I do i and o like in Final Cut to edit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.