Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I adjust a keyframe after it has been set?

Hello,

Once I set a keyframe and decide to move the photo further, it assumes I am creating a new keyframe. I just want to adjust the settings of the original keyframe. So far my only solution has been to delete the keyframe and redo, hoping that I get it in the correct place.

Obviously I am new to this program.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 30, 2015 9:52 AM

4 replies

May 30, 2015 10:48 AM in response to Russ H

Hi Russ, thank you for the reply. That much I know and sorry for the confusion. What I want to do is actually adjust the exact parameters of that keyframe. Dragging them moves the same exact keyframe parameters just earlier or later. What I want to do is position the photo let's say further up and to the left based on what else is happening, and I didn't get it correct the first time. I have found a work around, but thought I must be missing something. If I have the effect exactly when I want it, but not exactly where I want it, I just want to adjust the amount of the effect. Hope that makes more sense. If I rotated 130 degrees, and now decide I need ti 140 degrees, can I just correct that or do I have to create a new keyframe and delete the other?

Thanks again!

May 30, 2015 10:59 AM in response to Max Morden

If you want the key frame to stay placed at the same frame of the clip and want to adjust the parameters, navigate to the keyframe – either in the Viewer or in the Inspector – and change the parameters in the Viewer (click and drag with OSC) or Inspector (numerically).

Hope that's clear. If not, post back and I (or someone) can post an example.

Russ

Can I adjust a keyframe after it has been set?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.