Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone still activation locked after removing device from icloud.com Case # 815348881

Hi,

I have a issue with an iPhone 5 that i bought from Maxis Mobile, Malaysia (Telco) when i want to give it to my sister, find my iphone was already activated and the iphone was linked to his icloud account.iphone from my icloud account (icould.com - find my iphone - all devices - *select this iphone 5* - remove from account), which i did but itunes shows a message saying that the iphone is linked to an apple ID and asks my sister to enter the apple ID and password of my account that was used to setup this iphone 5.

but she get the same message.

What I dont undestand is, why is itunes telling me (after verifying with apple's activation server) that this iphone 5 is still linked to the my apple ID when it clearly was removed from icloud account. [I did a find my iphone OFF and IMEI check online and find my iphone activation is still "ON" for my iphone 5]. So what is the issue? Does it take some time for apple servers to get updated of the device removal (maybe 2-3 business days)?

I understand why the iphone would tell me it's still linked to the previous Apple ID [because I didnt remove the ID, or have the seller remove it and perform a remote erase on the device].

What I don't understand is why would itunes still tell me (after checking online with the activation servers) that the device is still linked to the my or anyone's apple ID?

I made contact with Apple support and do the procedure all over again until they ask me to show them the proof of purchase, I went to my telco and request for POP and waiting for hours for it as the device was bought in 4th Jan 2013, but they did a good a job but its still not settle.

I forward my proof of purchase to Cheryl -iOS Senior Advisor and still waiting for a call from phone support on monday.

I really hopes all my hours spend going through this will fix my issue.

Case # 815348881 - Account Security, Phone support , Case handle by Cheryl -iOS Senior Advisor

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 30, 2015 10:21 AM

2 replies

iPhone still activation locked after removing device from icloud.com Case # 815348881

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.