Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export to MS Word

I am using Pages 5.5.3. on a 2012 iMac running Yosemite. I have a one-page document that has eight pictures on it with five text boxes with one line of text in each of them. When I export the document to Word, either .doc or .docx, the pictures end up slightly larger and moved from what I see in the document, and the text has been moved around.

I've looked in the Help section and searched the internet trying to find the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 30, 2015 10:12 AM

5 replies

Sep 24, 2016 8:39 AM in response to dlt4

Fonts yes can be a problem.

Try Arial as i'm sure microsoft (linux, imac) have that.

Helvetica is owned by Adobe and may not be equally well supported on platforms that did not license Adobe fonts or did not set them up properly.

Substitution fonts should be possible but realistically it never gets done right; perhaps even arial will not "be the same". There are too many flavors (versions, encoders, decoders) and the support to make up for uneven spacings left is simply is short of perfect between different vendors. It's business as usual in the IT world: make a terrible mess of things and run away.

Export to MS Word

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.