Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp Wifi Disconnecting

Hello

Wifi does work but disconnects every minute for about 2-3 seconds then coming back, much like packet loss?

Tried installing other drivers but it ended up messing up my installation and not allowing me to connect at all to my wifi.

Anyone who can help me out, thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 30, 2015 12:17 PM

15 replies

May 31, 2015 3:02 AM in response to Loner T

Sorry, I don't want to upload the logs since they contain IP and mac-addresses.

I kind of know what's going on the network and the errors I get are the same on my desktop and it works fine there.

Although, after I activated my Windows8.1 via the Microsoft phone support and rebooted, the connection seems to be stable.

EDIT: I'll try to give my laptop a stable IP on our network instead since something is strange.

I get ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED in Chrome like every minute when I browse.

So can safely say it's some issue between my laptop and router, most likely driver issues since OS X is fine.

May 31, 2015 4:07 AM in response to Hedusan

Some of the error messages you mention are benign. The network changed message does not make sense, unless you have two separate connections from the same device. You should look at ARP entries on your router to see why you see such messages. Do you have more than one wireless access point in your topology? It is possible that the signal strength changes causing your wireless connection to bounce around.

Are you using a wireless connection for you Desktop? Typically, desktops are ethernet connected.

May 31, 2015 5:33 AM in response to Loner T

Only got one router and it's a gateway from my provider, yes my desktop is using cable.

I ended up ordering a usb-ethernet adapter so I can use cable on it too, gonna uninstall the drivers for wifi and reinstall using auto-download instead.

Thanks for your help though, nothing seems to fix this except driver update/downgrade.

Boot Camp Wifi Disconnecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.