Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can you create calendars and photo books with iPhoto no longer being offered?

I have an older Mac (Mac OSX Ver 10.6.8) and have for many years used iPhoto '09 version 8.1.2 (424) to create calendars and photo books. I think I understand that the iPhoto is no longer being offered on newest updates. I would like to continue to make calendars and photo books. Is the older iPhoto still being used to create calendars and photo books? I would hate to put all the time in to create a calendar or book and then have it not accepted. Is there an app that replaces the high quality of iPhoto calendars and photo books? Thank you so much.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 30, 2015 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2015 12:08 PM

Currently iPhoto 09 will still eb accepted but not for long. How long? No one knows. The new Photos app also has capability in this area.

5 replies

May 30, 2015 12:27 PM in response to Yer_Man

Thank you for your response Terence. That is what I was concerned about as it takes a lot of time to create both and didn't want it to be for nothing. I think I will work on photo album now though.

However, I don't see in the Photos App where I can create calendars or photo books. Is it on the Photos app that is already installed on the phone or is it an app that you purchase from App Store? I

Thank you

May 30, 2015 12:54 PM in response to LarryHN

Thanks Larry. This answered my question, but not what I wanted to hear. Love my Mac and don't like to replace anything til absolutely have to. My Mac does not update anymore so I don't have that option. Just called my daughter who has new Mac and she showed me picture of her screen that shows the file menu.

So, I either give up on calendars and do my photo album quickly or break down and get a new computer.

Thanks so much.

How can you create calendars and photo books with iPhoto no longer being offered?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.