Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Editing Photos from "Photos" 2015 in Photoshop Elements 11

Hello, I'm just learning on my first Mac. I was very comfortable using Photoshop Elements 11 on my PC, and would like to continue on my Mac. I have loaded the program for Mac, and it is working well, EXCEPT; when I try to open photos from my Photos Application in Photoshop Elements, I get an error message, "Could not complete your request because Photoshop Elements does not recognize this type of file." I have found older responses to this question, but no fixes for this version of Photos. (only IPhots, and those fixes do not work with Photos.) I have a 13" MacBook Pro with the Yosemite operating system. Thanks for any help!

Nancy

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 30, 2015 2:19 PM

5 replies

May 30, 2015 2:27 PM in response to naelka

when I try to open photos from my Photos Application in Photoshop Elements, I get an error message, "Could not complete your request because Photoshop Elements does not recognize this type of file."

What is the file format of your photos? Are you shooting RAW?

And how are you passing the photos from Photos to Photoshop Elements? Are you using the Media Browser or are you exporting the photos from Photos and opening the exported photos?

May 30, 2015 5:06 PM in response to léonie

I'm shooting jpeg. Media Browser? Sorry, not sure what you mean by that. I am opening Photoshop Elements Editor/File/Open, and then open the file where my mac photos are. I click on the photos I want to edit, and then get the message. If I import them into the PSE organizer first, I think it works. Is that going to always be necessary, or is there another option. Wondering just what kind of files those are stored in Photos that would not import. Also wondering what the external editor is that I've heard some mention.

Thanks!

Editing Photos from "Photos" 2015 in Photoshop Elements 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.