Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scamzapper

Hi:

I'm once again hoping that stevejobsfan is out there now. I'm trying to put scam zapper into my daughters mbp. I think it's a 2013, 13"-the one without the retina screen. Anyway, i think you'll be more interested in what OS she's using: it's 10.9.5. I keep getting a message that my security preferences won't allow me to install any apps not from the Apple app store and thus, not approved by apple. Can you please help me? I didn't have any issues putting it on Yosemite. I'm waiting to put some ram onto her system (she's only got 4G) because I understand that Yosemite requires about 8G to run smoothly. I'm not sure what I'm waiting for but it's simple procrastination. Anyway, can you please help me out? Thanks in advance, for your or anyone else's assistance.

Regards,

Ciaochiao

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on May 30, 2015 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2015 12:48 PM

Go into system preferences > security > general > click the lock to unlock > "allow apps downloaded from anywhere"

6 replies

Scamzapper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.