Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages upgrades wreaking havoc

I am having real difficulty with Pages upgrades..To be honest, I am screaming at it every day...Stress rising, never dropping.

FOR EXAMPLE...I can find no help as to how to delete highlighting I do on an older version of pages. Nor can I use different colours as I am accustomed to do, as integral to my work as a writer. Further, I really resent when I am editing something now, I am told I cannot continue unless I upgrade. They then change my document, and I have to re name it. What is this about!!!??? I want the choice to upgrade. The most frustrating of all is that I use comments actively, and count on being able to print them. This no longer seems possible. Instead, they revert to little yellow blows on the page, and i cannot save and track them. Further, when I search for help, like UNDO HIGHLIGHTING? PRINT COMMENTS? I get little yellow bubbles on my screen I do not know how to erase. And then I discover HELP is now called TIPS. All on your terms. How much do your upgrades listen and consult people about the effects of their fab fiddles that wreak havoc? Can anyone out there steer me to more information, or answer these few questions, since I am doing the final clean up of my book and it is driving me insane! Many thanks in anticipation.....Time to leave the computer, will check in tomorrow, hoping to find lots of real people caring and helping versus automatons -...My moan list against Apple, after having been very very very happy customer for ten years only grows. Is this all cuz of Steve Jobs death??? Yikes...Foresight and wisdom and real customer dialogue, real organisational learning, please come back!

PS And on this form, which I have filled in twice tonight, having reached my limit with trying to sort all these problems on my own, asks me to identify my product and operating system. But in the 'multiple choice answers' , predetermined, nothing I own is shown....It only lists products that are four years old!!!!!

Something feels very wrong in the state of Denmark.....or am I losing it!??

Posted on May 30, 2015 12:53 PM

1 reply

May 30, 2015 1:41 PM in response to suzidigrutti

You should still have Pages '09 in your Applications/iWork folder, continue using it.

Turn off updates in the App Store preferences in your System Preferences.

You can use different highlight colors but it is deeply buried and convoluted in Pages 5.5.3 like most things (if it isn't just missing).

None of this is new, Pages 5 is almost 2 years old now.

Denmark is fine, Cupertino is another matter.

Peter

Pages upgrades wreaking havoc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.