Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i'm running ios7 and leatest itunes with my iphone 4s, with a new sim coming soon. If i run itunes full backup to pc, then restore with new sim, will i have my contacts? (i've read differing views on this!)

when I swap my sim to a new carrier I want to make sure i don't lose my contacts. I've heard this was not straightforward and read conflicting accounts on the web. Is the full back up now working properly?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.2, running itunes 12.1.2.27

Posted on May 30, 2015 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2015 1:44 PM

Yes you should still have the same contacts, I recommend signing into your iCloud account as well.

3 replies

May 31, 2015 1:13 PM in response to Trevor 1875

Neither the SIM nor the carrier have anything at all to do with your contacts. An iPhone stores nothing on the SIM card itself. Your contacts are backed up to your computer via iTunes, or sync'd with iCloud (or both) if you have enabled the contacts setting under your iCloud account's settings.

You should not need to actually do anything at all - no restore or anything active on your part. Just swap the SIM and set up service with your new provider. As long as you leave your iCloud account settings alone, your contacts will not change no matter how many times you swap SIM cards.

i'm running ios7 and leatest itunes with my iphone 4s, with a new sim coming soon. If i run itunes full backup to pc, then restore with new sim, will i have my contacts? (i've read differing views on this!)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.