Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imported photos do not show up in Finder

Whenever I import photos from my Nikon D3200 and try to import them anywhere online (Facebook, eBay, etc.), they don't show up in the import menu. The photos do import and show up in Photos, but I'm unable to access them online. I usually give up on trying to import them, but when I attempt a few days later they show up. They don't show up in Moments, Last Import, or any albums that they're placed in.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 30, 2015 1:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2015 8:08 AM

Same here, at this point i have to export to a folder. Send the photos off, then delete them. Makes no sense. You can't even search for them in the search bar and find them. My library isn't that big.

3 replies

Jun 30, 2015 4:33 PM in response to phinsup

Same issue (along with others) with the new Photos app. Newly imported photos, and newly edited photos do not show up in Finder for hours. I've tried closing and reopening both applications, restarting, etc.. Seems that Photos and Finder are just on their own schedule.

I'm also not able to pull photos from the Photos app into my MS Word or PowerPoint files. I have to drag to desktop and then pull into the file. Much more time consuming than it should be...

Imported photos do not show up in Finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.