Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 won't load past text messages iOS 8.3

I am having problems trying to scroll through and view older text messages. The "messages" app works fine and I can send texts and iMessages perfectly fine. When I attempt to click on a certain message and scroll to the top of the thread, i get a scrolling wheel which should supposedly be loading older texts. After 2-3 seconds the screen bumps me back to the bottom of the thread. I can't view any of my older texts.

I have already tried the following:

• Restarting the messaging app
  • Restarting the phone
  • Logging out and back into iMessage and all iCloud
  • Creating a backup on my Macbook and restore the phone from that backup

I am rather frustrated and would appreciate any advice that anyone can offer. I have asked all my other friends and family that iPhones (4, 5, 6) and none of them have this problem while running iOS 8.3.

Thanks.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 30, 2015 3:04 PM

4 replies

May 31, 2015 4:21 PM in response to ChrisTechnology1

Hey. I'm having the exact same problem. On one particular thread my messages go back to Friday 29th, then there are 2 messages above it from 19th, then it bumps me back to the bottom. But this only happens on some of my threads with certain people. I was asked to update my carrier settings and said yes. I'm on iOS 8.3.

WIll ill the messages be lost forever? I really need to be able to scroll back!!

Jun 1, 2015 11:50 AM in response to ChrisTechnology1

I just upgraded my Verizon iPhone 5s from iOS 8.1.2 to 8.3 (via iTunes, not OTA) and I have the same exact problem. I've lost access to pretty much all my message history.

I took a full backup prior to updating, so I tried restoring that backup but the problem is still there even after successfully restoring the backup.

There is another post for the same issue here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6985840

It's REALLY frustrating for such a basic, core function to be broken; I hope that there is just a scrolling bug and I haven't lost all my message history!! I've been an iPhone user for a couple of years now and I have a lot of history that is important to me.

iPhone 6 won't load past text messages iOS 8.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.