Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transforming a Clip Without Transforming the Camcorder Effect

Hello,

I have a clip in Final Cut Pro X, Version 10.2, that I have transformed by increasing the scale and also by changing the x and y positions.

When I apply the Camcorder Effect to the clip, the effect itself also appears transformed. But I would like to put the non-transformed effect on the transformed clip.

The only way I have found to do this is to share the transformed clip as a master file and then reimport it. When I put this reimported clip in the timeline, of course, it has no transformation associated with it. So when I apply the Camcorder Effect, the effect appears as I want it, with no transformation.

Is there a simpler way to apply the non-transformed Camcorder Effect to a transformed clip?

Thank you very much!

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on May 30, 2015 3:47 PM

2 replies

Transforming a Clip Without Transforming the Camcorder Effect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.