Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After upgrading to OS X Yosemite, and Photos 1.0, now I have lost all the 'faces' assigned to my photos!

I let Photos 1.0 open my iPhoto library, it took some time upgrading the library, and now I have lost all the faces that I tagged in my library.

Not very impressive.

Anyone know how to get all the faces back?

Posted on May 30, 2015 3:53 PM

4 replies

May 30, 2015 4:48 PM in response to dreddy

If you are certain the migration process has fully completed (very likely not), try repairing the Photos Library database (hold down the Option+Command keys while launching Photos).

BTW, iPhoto and the iPhoto Library have not been deleted. iPhoto is still in your Applications folder, although you might need to update it.

How to get iPhoto 9.6.1 if you didn't update before OS X10.10.3.

Prepared by Barney-15E: https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-8431

Jun 3, 2015 7:01 PM in response to Rysz

I tried the repair operation, it completed fine. I don't think the conversion could have finished successfully, my photos are also missing from year 2012 and forward!

The document you provided was perfect for getting my iPhoto to upgrade on OS X Yosemite. Now I have all my photos back, and faces are assigned.

I think I'll be staying with iPhoto.

Thanks for the help!

After upgrading to OS X Yosemite, and Photos 1.0, now I have lost all the 'faces' assigned to my photos!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.