Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my iphone 5 out of restore mode?

I was trying to update my iPhone 5 through iTunes, but I think my iTunes crashed at the end of it. Now my phone is in restore mode and telling me the only way I can get it out is by restoring my factory settings! Will this erase all my data (pictures/videos) I have on my phone? HELP!!!!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on May 30, 2015 4:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2015 4:50 PM

If the device is in Recovery Mode, the only way to get the device back is to restore it. If you do not have a backup of the device, then your data is gone. You will not be able to make a backup of data at this time, it is no longer accessible, it is basically already lost. If you did your update via iTunes, you should have been prompted to backup and sync your device before you updated. You might want to look in iTunes to see if you have a backup with the date/time that you started the update. Otherwise, you will only be able to access your last backup. Your data, pictures, videos are already gone.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2015 4:50 PM in response to littlebit1413

If the device is in Recovery Mode, the only way to get the device back is to restore it. If you do not have a backup of the device, then your data is gone. You will not be able to make a backup of data at this time, it is no longer accessible, it is basically already lost. If you did your update via iTunes, you should have been prompted to backup and sync your device before you updated. You might want to look in iTunes to see if you have a backup with the date/time that you started the update. Otherwise, you will only be able to access your last backup. Your data, pictures, videos are already gone.

How do I get my iphone 5 out of restore mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.