Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

creating label templates

In Pages 5.5.3, I am trying to create a label template for an Akro Mils set of plastic bins. There is no Avery or similar template, but I do have the dimensions, here:-

top margin 1"

side margin 1.5"

label height .75"

label width 2.63"

number across 2

number down 12

horizontal pitch 3"

paper size, US letter

I have tried to work with these old instructions http://www.macworld.com/article/1157749/pageslabels.html but it's for an older version of Pages and I can't seem to figure out how to adapt them.

Help anyone?

Posted on May 30, 2015 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 12:43 AM

Hi rruthless,

Those instructions are indeed for Pages '09. In Pages 5, where the instructions refer to the Inspector, use the Panels on the right:

Document Panel > Document Tab to set paper size, orientation, page margins, turn off Header and Footer.

Format Panel >Arrange > Stay on Page.

Format Panel > Table to resize rows and columns, remove Alternating Row Colour.

Format Panel > Cell to change cell borders.

Menu > Pages > Preferences > Rulers > turn on Alignment Guides.

User uploaded file

Menu > View > Show Rulers. You can drag Alignment Guides (blue lines in this screen shot) from the rulers to mark the page margins.

User uploaded file

Good Luck!

Regards,

Ian.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2015 12:43 AM in response to rruthless

Hi rruthless,

Those instructions are indeed for Pages '09. In Pages 5, where the instructions refer to the Inspector, use the Panels on the right:

Document Panel > Document Tab to set paper size, orientation, page margins, turn off Header and Footer.

Format Panel >Arrange > Stay on Page.

Format Panel > Table to resize rows and columns, remove Alternating Row Colour.

Format Panel > Cell to change cell borders.

Menu > Pages > Preferences > Rulers > turn on Alignment Guides.

User uploaded file

Menu > View > Show Rulers. You can drag Alignment Guides (blue lines in this screen shot) from the rulers to mark the page margins.

User uploaded file

Good Luck!

Regards,

Ian.

creating label templates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.