Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

track pitch

I have a situation using Logic Pro 9.1.8 which, frankly, is driving me crazy (oh...ok...more crazy!)

I’m working on a track with two basses (1 electric & 1 acoustic) When the two are soloed everything sounds fine, but when you hear them back in the track the elec. is playing different notes (1 whole step higher) and volumes at just one specific point (mid chorus.)

Just in case it was seeing some sort of Pitch Change I put in a “o” factor in Hyper Draw on the elec. track and at each time the track plays. Unfortunately this changed nothing. And when I’ve moved the questionable part from one chorus to another the problem follows. To make it even more difficult for me to figure is that when I mute all other track it’s once again fine.

I’ve looked in Hyper Editor at the point where this happens and there doesn’t appear to be anything causing it.

For the life of me I can’t figure out what else might be causing the problem. Can anyone tell what else I might look for?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 2.7 Ghz 16GB RAM

Posted on May 30, 2015 6:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2015 1:31 PM

Check the event list for each region for any unwanted midi CCs etc.. there that could be affecting pitch...

Or..

Check for accidental automations for each track... that could have been created..... again that could affect pitch

Note:

Watch the Transpose value in the region inspector for the region/track that is having this issue and see if it changes in value.... as that would be a clue as to it's cause...

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2015 1:31 PM in response to curly1

Check the event list for each region for any unwanted midi CCs etc.. there that could be affecting pitch...

Or..

Check for accidental automations for each track... that could have been created..... again that could affect pitch

Note:

Watch the Transpose value in the region inspector for the region/track that is having this issue and see if it changes in value.... as that would be a clue as to it's cause...

May 31, 2015 2:09 PM in response to The Art Of Sound

Unfortunately, none of those things revealed any unwanted difference or changes. So what else do you have up your sleeve that might help?

At one point I thought it might be a case of a higher velocity causing a bend in the note, but that wasn't the case.

BTW I have found a way through it or around it, but it's certainly not as desirable to go that way.

track pitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.