Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Remote Desktop: log in as yourself

I'm using Mac OS 10.10.3 and ARD v3.8 (380A95)

When another user is logged into a remote system, is there a way ARD can connect to that system and have the option to 'log in as yourself: username' a just as you can do Core Services > Screen Sharing and not disrupt the current logged in user?

I know of ARD Curtain Mode but I want to be able to log into a remote system and work in my administrator user account while another user is logged in (as I can do with the Screen Sharing.app) without putting up a locked screen on the remote system.

Thanks

Posted on May 30, 2015 3:22 PM

2 replies

May 30, 2015 3:45 PM in response to Averythomas

Hi Avery,

Thanks for your suggestion, although this doesn't provide the feature I'm seeking BUT it resolved another issue I've had w/ ARD for a very along time!!

Averythomas wrote:

in ARD settings under security check "allow control of this computer"

Thanks, as I've always needed to ssh to my system running ARD and do sudo pkill -9 Remote so I can screen share to it.

Well, I just found the solution to my posted question by changing the remote system options (by doing command-i on the remote system in my list of computers) see screen shot:

User uploaded file

Apple Remote Desktop: log in as yourself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.