Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Code Support

iOS 8 overall features a lot of interesting things that it can do, however I have 1 suggestion. Say you forget a code on your phone like your password or restriction code. Well what if the code was on the cloud and you'd just email apple your model number and what code you need and...BAM. Problem solved! I don't know though might be to much but be cool.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 30, 2015 3:29 PM

3 replies

May 30, 2015 3:36 PM in response to Jordan Simms

Jordan Simms wrote:

iOS 8 overall features a lot of interesting things that it can do, however I have 1 suggestion. Say you forget a code on your phone like your password or restriction code. Well what if the code was on the cloud and you'd just email apple your model number and what code you need and...BAM. Problem solved! I don't know though might be to much but be cool.

It would also significantly lessen the security of the passcode. What makes the code secure is that no one knows it but you (unless you foolishly share it) and no one can use any other information they may have about you to try and get it.

Not to mention, in the U.S., you can't be compelled to provide a police officer with your passcode as it's something in your head and you can't be required to incriminate yourself. If the code was stored elsewhere, it's possible Apple could be compelled to turn it over.

Lost Code Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.